Friday, January 11, 2013

On The Remodel Job Site

Friends and followers,

      Over the last few weeks I was blessed by being able to work on the field with the best craftsmen that this industry has to offer. I learned so many incredible things about remodeling, faux finishes and so much more. I met the most amazing people (the client), who was thrilled with the transformation of their kitchen and couldn't believe how it all came together step by step. As much as I enjoined the experience of being in the field I am happy to be able to once again return to the blog and write my experience.
      The job started with a client meeting where Melinda Dzinic (owner and designer) met with the clients and used her amazing ability to see into the hearts of her potential future clients. After deciding that this client was a great fit for Euro Design Build Remodel, she worked up an amazing interior design concept that I was able to put into a 3d rendering. Once we got the approval the project could start. This project entailed complete refinishing of all the kitchen, bar and hutch cabinets, remodeling their existing island into a new incredible island that fit their home and personality much better than the old one. Each of the 3 different finishes that went into the kitchen and bar took between 10 and 14 steps to achieve the one of a kind faux finishes that only Euro can do. (I was mostly involved in the faux finishing process as it was the most time consuming aspect of the job). I also got to observe the most talented tile mason working at his best as well as the painters who make priming and painting look like a cake walk.
     This whole experience re-instilled how great it is to be a part of Euro Design Build Remodel. I know I will be a better rendering artist and marketer due to the immersion in the physical project. I will post again soon so check back often.

By: Ed Mestyanek
www.eurodesignbuild.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment